Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A Gentle, Quiet Spirit is True Beauty


Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 1Peter 3:3-4 NIV

If you know me, you know I am far from quiet. I am an Italian/German girl with all the vim and vigor that comes with those personalities. I stay up late, wake up early, and  never miss a party, if I can help it. I talk loud, laugh loud, and if it's possible, I probably sleep loud!

But that doesn't mean I can't have the quiet, gentle spirit that 1Peter talks about. I believe,what this scripture reflects is true inner beauty. All the makeup in the world, fine jewelry and fashionable attire does nothing for a woman who is bitter, angry, self-centered, and always in control.

A gentle spirit is caring and loving toward others. She puts her husband and children's needs above her own. She does not dress unbecomingly as to draw attention to herself; rather modestly, to avoid confusion. 

A quiet spirit is not boisterous, and does not joy in making a scene to prove a point. A quiet spirit holds back the daggers, while portraying both strength and courage; as she addresses all situations with love and understanding. 

A quiet, gentle spirit, is not easy to attain, but with Christ I can do all things. Christ's grace and power give me the strength I need to do all that he requires of me.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."Phil 4:13

I am encouraged to know that I don't have to be perfect. When I mess up and my blood pressure rises, he is my calm. His power and strength, are building in me, a gentle, quiet spirit; and that true beauty, is something I look forward to possessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment