Sunday, October 4, 2015

Forgiveness and Humility in a Bottle of Water

1Peter 5:4 "Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

Now humility is never easy, especially when a young male orders me to throw away my water as I'm entering the movie theater. 

The other weekend I was so excited to go on a movie date with my hubby. I had the sitter arranged and off we went on a Double Movie Date. It was my bright idea to to bring snacks and a drink with us as to avoid any additional costs. As we were walking through the Ticket Line, the bright attendant noticed my bottle of water and kindly asked me to give it to him. My response, I'm embarrassed to say, was far from beautiful. "But I just want a drink while I'm watching my movies! We are seeing two movies and will be here a long time. Besides your drinks are so expensive, it's highway robbery!" 

He insisted that the rules are the rules and begrudgingly, I handed over my shotgun, or I mean my water. As the movie was playing, I got thirsty and decided to go get a coke. "$4.95!", I exclaimed, as I showed my character yet again. I bought it anyway, and went in to watch the movies. All during the first show I kept thinking of how rude I was and that I owed the young man an apology. My sin, kept me from fully enjoying the show. Immediately, after movie #1, I apologized to the young man, and we made up. Was that easy? No. Was it necessary? In my heart and mind it was. 

Matthew 11:25 "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." NIV
 
I have to admit, I was angry with that guy. I felt like he did me wrong by not allowing me to bring my water in, and for forcing me to buy an expensive drink! But in reality, he was just doing his job, and that's exactly what he said. Needless to say, I still haven't forgotten about the water incident,  but at least I was able to enjoy the second movie, and a refill of Coke! Oh did I mention that these two movies were Christian Films? I am so glad I'm not perfect, but I am forgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment