Monday, October 5, 2015

Mustard Seeds Grow Peace

Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such there is no law." NKJV

If you are one of those women like me, whose stress triggers nausea and cold sores in and around your mouth, you know it is no fun at all! For the past three weeks, I've been plagued with both. It seems the stress in my life has taken over; and it's evident in my outward appearance.Where is my peace? Why have I allowed these circumstances to take over?

Now, before you say to me, "relax", let me tell you, I try! Dealing with several big issues lately, has kept me sleep deprived and given my appetite a jolt. It just seems impossible to see the light at the end of these tunnels. My patience has been shot, my temper raised and I need a breakthrough! Have you ever felt like this?

In Matthew 17 the Apostles were unable to drive the demon out of the boy and they asked Jesus  19 "Why couldn't we drive it out?"  20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to there and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Whew! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that can't move mountains, but I should be able to. Is my faith not strong enough, am I weak, do my demons need rebuking?

1Peter 5:6 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may  lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you;" and as the song goes "He is our peace."

This is so hard for me. I am the kind of person that wants to fix it myself. I am one that portrays strength in public, but inside I am really weak. How can I drop my cares in the Master's hand and walk away? I must learn to trust that he has my back,  trust that he has it all under control, and trust that he knows what's best. The sooner I realize this, the sooner my peace will come and my troubles fade.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. John 14:1 NIV

So who's troubled? Who wants to be beautiful inside and out? Who needs peace? Me.

I guess I need to tend to my garden; plant my mustard seeds, and find my peace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment